Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More pics explanation

Well I can successfully put these pictures onto my blog, I still have to learn how to put them up with a caption. I figure I'm lucky enough to do this right now. 3 of the pictures are from the farmlands that surround Lancaster, easy enough to figure out. The one shows the traffic problems you must often compete with, the other is just a shot of the farmland and the one is one of the villages that have some rather interesting names.
Not sure what the settlers were thinking when they came up with some of these, the Village of Intercorse is right next to Blue Ball, go figure.There also is Bird in Hand nearby. I guess they might have had a little stress they needed to work out and just picked what was on there minds. I still find it amazing how many people come here to "look" at the Amish or Mennonites when we all live right next to them and work and interact often with them.
Now they're trying to put a slot parlor in downtown Lancaster, the uproar that is bringing is stupid. If enough people want to come and see the local attractions, let 'em plop a few hundred more into our local economy. Not sure how slot machines locally are going to create a problem when you can still travel 60 or 70 miles to Delaware and do it. I don't think I've seen that state fall into the ocean because a few people from PA. are putting their money down.
Lastly, Spooky is my wonderful Kitty Kat that has stuck beside me when a lot of others haven't. So, thanks for the little things that prrr or woof and still make a house a home.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Rich,

Anything different is entertainment for people, I guess, the same principle as the "freak shows" of circuses of old. Look! That one has weird clothes! etc. Being a historian I am interested in the development of human societies and therefore different kinds of societies.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Hi Rich! Darling kitty!!

Just popping on by to say hello, read your blog and invite you to my chat later today!

I danced and lived in your state by the way. Beautiful part of our country!!

Hope to see you later. Info on my blog :)

-Molly

3:26 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

By the way....captions...I just type under my photos, center it and highlight over it and change the text to "tiny". That is how I do mine....keep it simple I say!

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home