Saturday, March 04, 2006

Crash

So I finally found out how a computer crashes. It crashes. No compromises- No I might work a little- It's done. I bought some software to enhance my home recording and my computer barfed it up. Nothing like installing something to enhance your work and find out you need to have your hard drive totally cleaned up. I, not being that computer literate wish they would give you a little more heads up on conflicting programs and the results that can happen.
Oh well, live and learn and try not to make the same mistake, even though it seems hard not to if you don't have the proper instruction. Next time I will ask a few more questions before hand.
Missed the new first show of the second season of In The Attic. Got an interesting email/invitation to participate in the Method/Lifehouse project.I find this to be one of the most fascinating projects anyone has tried in a long time.
Just spent some time with the program that crashed my computer, I reloaded it and it seems to work fine. I often forget the huge amount of recording information available once you get into the computer based part of audio recording. Unbelievable. I think I'll be able to do some cool stuff with this. Well since my computer is back up, I'll be back in the loop for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Rich,

Argh, and technology was supposed to make life easier. I suppose it does in some ways but then in other ways doesn't: with computers you have to keep updating them all the time, have virus protections, firewalls, clean them out etc etc.

I agree with you on The Method. Nobody has ever tried something like it, and when Pete first announced it it was like the realization of my greatest dreams.

Maria

2:43 AM  
Blogger robin hood said...

Hi Rich,
Been reading the comment you left me.
I think your take on "the Method" is pretty much in line with what any of us have yet found out / guessed. There will have to be a starting point, which I assume will be the bit of music/riff that "the chosen ones" get. Your analogy with the start of barbara o'rielly is a good one in this respect. It seems then that any and all possibitites are open. Maybe one of these "sitters" will take that to a really interesting place and that will fire future directions. Maybe not. But over and above it all there seems to be the sofware/programme itself which will explore these possibilities.

What would be nice is to have contact in some central place where thoughts can be shared. Or maybe the "working in isolation" bit is integral to the process before the machines kick in.... Or maybe I just need about 5 more cups of coffee before attempting rational thought....

I'll be dropping by.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Hello! Thank you for the kind words. I'll try to get the note from the teacher, that is a good idea. Yeah, obscure Jethro is awesome. I have a few of their albums on vinyl. I also like obscure Pink Floyd, such as Atom Heart Mother and Obscured by Clouds. And about the 85 degrees- you'd get tired of it soon I think. Sitting at home and having my shirt sticking to my back is not very fun. It is not hard to break a sweat by walking outside at times. But I guess the cold must be pretty miserable as well... Anyways, have a good one.

-Kevin

9:41 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Rich,

Computers are terrible ghastly things. Life sponges when they work, worse than heroine withdrawal when they don't. Yeesh. :)

Glad to hear you are hanging in there!

Jack

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home