Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My next indepth post

Well one thing I forgot was that regarding governments, well I guess this isn't really about governments, it's about privacy. I had a caption of one of my recent posts regarding what I do for a living - I work for a firewor- co.The reason I cannot actually tell what co. I work for is one of the guys in our office set up an email alert system as to when anyone with regards to the firewor- industry or a newspaper article mentions above he is sent an alert, so the other morning I walk in and he pulls me aside and says I better watch what I post on my blog regarding our firewor- business. Heh. How about that and I was worried about downloading a picture of a girl in a bikini. We're screwed when it comes to our privacy. If a guy in our office can get an alert regarding a rather obscure post, imagine the true consequences . Have a nice night and yeh Big Brother is watching and it could be your roommate or wife or cat or iguana.......you get the idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

I'm glad I made you laugh (my comment on Jack's blog). I used to call my poems "lyrics", when I was a kid. I'd goofed then because I'd played piano (then).

On big bro, I went to get a couple of pics to renew my passport. Filling out a small form to smile wide, I felt uneasy. There was something about the cashier learning too much (that I was renewing). I must have traveled when I was younger, was the tag that caught me, and then her rattling off all of the countries she has (supposedly) visited as though I would pick one or two like red apples from the tree.

I bid you well in coming around, as you were lost and are now returning. I know the feeling.

-g+bb

8:40 PM  
Blogger robin hood said...

Rich,
Similar experience. You might have seen it on my blog before I deleted it:
My kid sister is called Heather. At a party some years ago, me, her, and various other relatives, got drunk out of our minds and recorded ourselves singing Paul McCartney songs.
Now, McCartney's wife and eldest daughter are called Heather. So for an April Fool joke this year I posted the tracks on a McCartney website and simply said it was "Heather with her Dad in the background". It got 218 downloads and rising! But then some creep posted a link from that to my own blog, hence revealing my identity. No problem, - except that McCartney site sometimes posts bootlegs and I would have been an easily identifiable target for investigators. So I had to quickly delete the post!

Sometimes the 'Net can be a very small place indeed.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home